i was tagged by the lovely ladies at a side order of style a little while ago, but it totally slipped my mind until now. and so, without further ado (and before i forget again),
six quirks - the rules:
1. link the person who tagged you.
2. mention the rules in your blog.
3. tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours (just six?).
4. tag six following bloggers by linking them.
5. leave a comment on each of the tagged bloggers' blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
1. as anyone who reads this blog can tell, i have something of a disdain for uppercase letters, particularly when typing. i'm not sure why, there's something about them popping up after periods and whenever people use the word 'i' and proper nouns, it's downright incongruous. a string of lowercase letters just strikes me as more appealing and even calmer, if you will. all caps are acceptable for a word or sentence or two, but after that, it just seems alarming and urgent.
2. if there's one thing that everyone i know simply must comment on at some point, with varying degrees of politeness, it's my eating habits. first off, no condiments: ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, salad dressing, sauce of any kind.. the idea of placing a semi- to completely wet substance on top of my food and consuming it just doesn't sit well with it. for me, there's beverages, there's food, and no other middle ground. condiments need not apply. and then there's the very limited amount of foods that i actually like to eat: cucumbers, tomatoes, french fries, turkey burgers, cvs brand beach rings, sour cream & onion pringles.. and that's about it. i'm working on expanding my horizons.
3. and as for my drinking habits, i don't. alcohol, anyway. for which i get no end to the confused stares from my fellow drunken classmates.
4. though i think i had a moderately normal childhood, i somehow missed the climbing trees and riding bikes parts. as in i have never/don't know how to do either of these things. people never cease to be appalled by these tidbits.
5. going off on the childhood thing, i did preschool twice. because i was already reading at three, my mom enrolled me early, but when the year was over, the principal said that no kindergarten would take me until i turned five, so i did a second year. to say that i was a bored little student is an understatement, but it all worked out. i was quite fond of the class of 2006, and i'm enjoying my time with this class of 2010.
6. i like to exercise, but i hate to sweat, so every now and then i'll work out in the shower. i'm not kidding. exercise + shower - sweat = a good idea, right? is this logic flawed? oh, and to clarify, our shower this year is absolutely massive since we live in a handicap accessible room. i might have to give up this habit next year.
i considered making a collage for this, but i'm lazy and it's unnecessary. and as for tagging, i hate to be a rule-breaker, but i'm just going to make this an open invitation to any bloggers out there who feel so inclined to share their quirks, yeah? yeah.